A light, bright spritz, Republic of Fremantle Signature Vodka meets blueberry, lavender and double lemon to create a super and refreshing cocktail.
- 30ml Blueberry Vodka (see recipe below)
- 10ml Aperol
- 20ml Lillet blanc (you can substitute for prosecco)
- 20ml Citrus cordial
- 120ml Soda
FIRST MAKE BLUEBERRY VODKA
Add 100g of frozen blueberries and 1 bottle of Republic of Fremantle Signature Vodka and let infuse for 24hrs in a sealable jar at room temperature.
Strain through a fine filter and rebottle your Blueberry Vodka, store refrigerated.
- Add ingredients in a wine glass, gently topping with soda.
- Add good quality ice and garnish with a grapefruit wedge, or citrus of choice
HOW TO MAKE CITRUS CORDIAL
Ingredients: 500g of your choice of citrus (grapefruit, lime, lemon or orange), 250g caster sugar and citric acid
- Using a citrus peeler, peel your citrus, keeping the peeled fruit to one side
- Add caster sugar and the citrus peels to a container, then shake for 10 seconds. Leave at room temperature for 4 – 24 hours, the sugar will leech the oils from the peels and begin to appear wet.
- Once the peels have been left for an adequate time, juice the fruit using a citrus press, then pass the juice through a strainer into a container.
- Add peels and sugar into the container, then stir to dissolve the sugar into the juice. If you have trouble dissolving the sugar in the juice, add a small amount of water.
- Once sugar is dissolved, pass through a strainer. Add ¼ of teaspoon at a time of citric acid, mixing well, until desired acidity is reached, continuing to taste after each teaspoon.
If cordial is too thick add a small amount of water to thin it out. You can store your citrus cordial in the fridge.