A light, bright tropical spritz beautifully highlighting the tropical, citrus, and floral elements of the Republic Summer Gin. This spritz is cirtusy and fresh, the perfect way to kick off an afternoon.
- 30ml Republic of Fremantle Summer Gin
- 10ml Lillet Blanc
- 5ml Aperol
- 30ml High quality green tea
- 20ml Citrus cordial
- Pinch of salt
- 110ml soda water
- Fresh mandarin to garnish
- Add all ingredients, except soda water, to a wine glass.
- Stir ingredients together and add soda.
- Gently add good quality ice, garnish, and serve.
Do you have a soda stream at home? You can add all these ingredients to a soda stream and switch the soda water for just water.
HOW TO MAKE CITRUS CORDIAL
Ingredients: 500g of your choice of citrus (grapefruit, lime, lemon or orange), 250g caster sugar and citric acid
- Using a citrus peeler, peel your citrus, keeping the peeled fruit to one side
- Add caster sugar and the citrus peels to a container, then shake for 10 seconds. Leave at room temperature for 4 – 24 hours, the sugar will leech the oils from the peels and begin to appear wet.
- Once the peels have been left for an adequate time, juice the fruit using a citrus press, then pass the juice through a strainer into a container.
- Add peels and sugar into the container, then stir to dissolve the sugar into the juice. If you have trouble dissolving the sugar in the juice, add a small amount of water.
- Once sugar is dissolved, pass through a strainer. Add ¼ of teaspoon at a time of citric acid, mixing well, until desired acidity is reached, continuing to taste after each teaspoon.
If cordial is too thick add a small amount of water to thin it out. You can store your citrus cordial in the fridge.